Baking Gingersnap Cookies with Our Mix
This is a true and tried recipe and the best we've tried so far so we just had to share it. We've baked these gingersnaps for Christmas every year. When our kids were young they would help too, so easy to make and taste fantastic too!
This is what you need:
11 tbsp butter
1/3 c Dan Sukker light syrup
1 small egg
1 tbsp water
1 Swedish Sweets & More Gingersnap Cookie Mix
1. Add butter, sugar packet with spices from mix and syrup to a large enough pot to hold 5 cups. Allow the butter to melt on low heat.
2. Stir until smooth and shiny.
3. Allow to cool and then add baking soda from the packet dissolved in the water.
4. Add the egg.
5. Mix in all the flour except for 1/4 c that you will set aside for rolling out the dough. Put the dough on a sheet of plastic wrap and cover tightly and place in the fridge overnight.
6. Heat up the oven to 395 F. Cut a small part of the dough to work with and place the rest in the fridge. The butter will make the dough very soft and sticky if it sits out in room temperature so work a part of the dough at a time.
7. Roll out the small piece of dough as thin as you possibly can with flour underneath to prevent it from sticking to the surface. Cut out cookies with cookie cutters and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
8. Bake on the center rack in the oven for 6-8 min. or until nicely brown. Allow to cool on the baking sheet until the cookies are cool and hard.
Serve with coffee or a glass of cold milk!
Leave a comment