Radio cake, Cellar cake or Ice chocolate cake.
These are some of the names this cake is known by.
This is a no bake cake so it's very quick and easy to make, but it should be chilled overnight.
200g (7 oz) Palmin solid coconut fat
200g (7 oz) Bittersweet or dark chocolate
2 eggs or 6 tablespoons egg substitute
3 dl (1 1/4 c) Powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon Dansukker Vanilla sugar
Approx. 25 plain butter cookies, like Mariekex
- Line a 1.5L (6 c) loaf pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Melt the coconutfat and the chocolate over low heat in a small saucepan. Let it cool.
- Beat the eggs with the powdered sugar until light yellow.
- Carefully and slowly stir in the lukewarm chocolate mixture into the egg batter.
- Spread a layer of the chocolate mixture in the bottom of the pan, place a layer of the cookies on top and keep layering with more chocolate and cookies, ending with chocolate.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hrs. Slice the cake in 1/4-1/2" slices.
Leave a comment